Terms and conditions
(!)The traveller undertakes to have the passport valid for at least 6 months after the end of the trip. Contact our consultants for exact information. Tour operator shall not be liable for the decisions taken by border and migration services in respect of the traveller.
1. CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS
- Tour operator shall undertake:
- To organise a tourist trip for the traveller(-s) according to the program specified in a catalogue or other tour describing material, or, if the tour program specified in a catalgoue or other tour describing material has been amended before the signature of this contract, according to modified program. Catalogue or other tour describing material or modified program is an integral part of this contract.
- To inform about the cancellation of tour in writing at least 10 calendar days before the beginning of tour if the minimum number of travellers is not reached. The minimum number of travellers for a tour 16 tourists on a bus trip.
- To provide the Traveller in writing with accurate and non-misleading information about the trip route (departure, return places, dates and times, places to visit and countries, with dates of arrival and departure) and the changes, travel services, provided in the catalogue or in another material specifying the trip, or in the modified program, the means of transport, the type of accommodation, the location of the object, category or level of comfort, the main features and the class (in accordance with the relevant rules of the host country), catering, border procedures and visa procedures for the countries where the Traveller arrives, the requirements for the quantity of goods imported, their number and the prohibitions, the procedure and conditions for the completion of the Contract before the
- To provide information on the health, life, missed travel risks and other insurances before signing the
- To provide the Traveller the following information in writing before the trip: information about the intermediate stations and stopping time, location and information about the passenger`s place in the vehicle (except the airplane), the name of the travel agent`s representative, address, telephone number and e-mail address of local agencies or agents where the Traveller could seek help. If there are no such agencies or agents, to provide the Traveller a phone number that he/she could call in an emergency or information that would help him/her contact the tour operator, information about the epidemiological state of the countries where he/she is travelling, immunoprophylaxis requirements to be met when travelling, information on exchange rate conditions and procedures. If minors go on a trip, to provide parents or carers with information that will allow them to contact the child or the responsible person directly at the child`s
- To use personal data provided by the Traveller(s) only for clearing travel documents and proper performance of the Contract. The tour operator shall be entitled to trasfer this data to travel sales agents and/or contractual partners for the proper execution of Contract. The tour operator shall be entitled to obtain the personal data provdied by the Traveller(s) from travel sales agents (contractual representatices) and/or contractual partners. Upon signing the present Contract, the Traveller gives the tour operator an irrevocable consent concerning the processing of personal data and their transfer to third parties to implement the obligations set forth in this clause. In other cases, the personal data of the Traveller(s) may be transferred to third parties under the procedure of applicable legislation only.
- If after the conclusion of the Contract it becomes clear that the fulfilment of obligations expires earlier than the trip begins,the tour operator must provide written information (on the EURA TRAVEL website at www.eurabaltics.com) to the Traveller about the new fulfilment of obligations, indicating the new number of the document confirming the fulfilment of obligations, its validity and the details and contact details of the insurance or financial institution that issued it before the start of the
- In this Contract, a Traveller is a natural person (contracting party) who has concluded a Contract with the tour operator or any natural person(s) on whose behalf the contracting party buys an organized tourist trip and assumes all rights and obligations under the Contract (other beneficiaries) or any natural person to whom the contracting party or any beneficiary transfers his right to
- The Traveller(s) shall undertake:
- When concluding a Contract for a bus tour travel, if more than 2 months remain before the beginning of trip, to pay an advance payment of 99 EUR for a bus trip, which includes an administrative fee of EUR 99 per person for the creation and servicing of a travel order and pay the balance no later than within 3 weeks before departure. When concluding a Contract, if it is less than 60 days before the beginning of travel, to pay the full price for a bus trip immediately.
- To provide all information and documents required by the tour operator to complete this Contract; to arrive on time on the specified primary and departure places indicated by the travel guide (if the travel guide`s service is provided for in the Contract), including intermediate ones; to follow the operator`s instructions regarding the execution of the trip or its separate parts; to follow public order, rules for international carriage of passengers, the procedure for the carriage of luggage and the quantity, number and prohibition of imported goods. To follow the instructions of the border and customs services. When travelling with minor children, the Traveller must follow the procedure of the child`s temporary departure to foreign countries not belonging to the Schengen area approved by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania.
- To be liable for any damage caused during the trip (damage to hotel inventory, vehicles, etc.). If a minor causes the damage, the responsible person must cover all damages. If the Traveller admits the fault and agrees to compensate the damage, it must be compensated straight away. If the Traveller does not admit the fault, the tour operator has the right to recover damages in accordance with the procedure established by legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania. A Traveller is not required to compensate the damage caused by force
- The Traveller, the main party of this Contract, must inform other travellers - the beneficiaries that the tourist trip is organized only under the conditions specified in this Contract and all travellers must comply with all terms and conditions of the Contract
2. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE CONTRACT
- Traveller has the right to withdraw from the Contract at any time. The withdrawal of the Contract will take effect from the moment of its
- If the Traveller withdraws from the Contract for the circumstances for which he is liable (i.e., if the circumstances which give rise to the withdrawal are the result of the Traveller`s own fault, i.e. due to his/her intentional acts or negligence), he/she must reimburse the tour operator for such a cancellation. The parties agree that the amount of the loss due to the Contract cancellation by Traveller, depending on the time of the cancellation, is the following:
For sightseeing tours by bus:
Time of termination of the Contract
Amount as percentage of travel cost
more than 31 days before departure
The administrative fee is not refundable for Traveller (100 EUR per person) for the creation and servicing of a travel order
30-15 days before departure
14-1 days before departure
On Traveller`s request, the tour operator must provide justification for the loss suffered as a result of such a cancellation, with the exception of the administration fee.
- If the Traveller withdraws from the Contract on the circumstances which are beyond his/her control and which could not reasonably be foreseen at the time of conclusion of the Contract (for example, due to his/her state of health, death, etc.), the tour operator has the right to claim compensation for the direct losses incurred as a result of such refusal, except in cases where the Contract is cancelled due to force majeure circumstances. The Traveller must inform the tour operator about the withdrawal from the Contract and provide the documents confirming the reason for such cancellation as soon as possible and after the occurrence of the circumstances specified in this clause. The Parties agree that the loss amount due to the withdrawal of the Traveller from Contract is determined in accordance with the table in paragraph 2.2 of the Contract. On Traveller`s request, the tour operator must provide justification for the loss suffered as a result of such withdrawal, with the exception of the administration fee.
- The tour operator has the right to withdraw from the Contract only for important reasons. The Traveller should be informed about these reasons
- If the tour operator withdraws from the Contract for circumstances beyond the control of the Traveller, it must offer the Traveller a new trip of the same or better quality (an alternative trip). If it is not possible to offer an alternative trip due to sound reasons or if the Traveller refuses from offered new trip, he/she has the right to request to refund the paid
- If Traveller withdraws from the Contract due to circumstances under the responsibility of the tour operator or the person, who assists the tour operator, or because of circumstances which the Traveller cannot control and which could not reasonably be foreseen at the time of conclusion of the Contract, the Traveller is entitled to claim for refund of paid money or compensate money in another way under his/her
- If the tour operator withdraws from the Contract, it must organise a new trip or return the Traveller money for the trip and compensate the Traveller for travel and property damage. Damage is not reimbursed when the Contract is withdrawn due to circumstances provided for in clause 1.1.2, or for force majeure
- When, upon termination of the Contract, the tour operator, travel agency or travel agent incurs an obligation to return all or part of the money paid for the trip by the Traveller, the money is refunded to the account specified by the Traveller within 10 business days from the termination of the
3. AMENDMENT OF CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The tour operator has the right to amend the relevant clause of the Contract for important reasons about which it shall inform the Traveller In such case, the Traveller may refuse to amend the Contract only when such amendment would cause the Traveller an essential damaged (Part 2 Article 6.752 of the Civil Code).
- The tour operator is entitled to increase the price of travel at least 20 days before the travel due to changes in transportation costs, including fuel costs, compulsory taxes or exchange of currencies, as well as changes in the exchange rates applicable to The tour operator indicates why the price has increased and how the price increase was calculated. The Traveller has the right to refuse to increase the price. If within less than 20 days before departure it occurs that the tour operator has to increase the price of the trip, he informs the Traveller about it immediately indicating the reason for the increase in the price and the procedure for calculating the new price. A Traveller has the right to refuse to increase this price or to make an appropriate amendment to the Contract. The Traveller must inform the tour operator about his/her decision as soon as possible.
- If the Traveller refuses to change the terms of the Contract in the cases provided for in clauses 3.1-3.2, the tour operator acquires the right to withdraw from the Contract. In such case, the Traveller has the right to demand the refund of the money paid for the trip or, if the trip has already occurred in part, to refund a proportionate share. If the tour operator withdraws from the Contract after the Traveller refuses to change the terms of the Contract in the cases provided for in clause 3.1, the clause 2.7 of the Contract shall be applicable
4. CHANGE OF THE CONTRACTING PARTIES
- Any Traveller of this Contract is entitled to transfer his/her right to travel to a third party (taking the trip) who will fulfil all contractual terms at least 14 days before the beginning of the
- In cases where such transfer is contrary to the rules of the person assisting the tour operator (i.e., if during the time remaining before the beginning of the trip it is not allowed to book a seat in a vehicle, hotel and (or) obtain a visa on behalf of a new person), the following rules must be submitted to the
- Such transfer must be executed under the Contract that complies with the requirements of the Civil Code with the third person, taking the trip. The person taking the trip, having concluded the Contract, or the Traveller, who has transferred the trip, must notify the tour operator in writing thereof and transfer the information and documents necessary for the proper execution of this Contract with regard to the person taking the trip. The Traveller transferring the trip and the third party (taking the trip) are solely liable to the tour operator for paying the travel costs and expenses associated with the transfer of the right to travel. The Parties agree that the cost of travel transfer is at least EUR 40 per person, if this transfer is possible. On Traveller`s request, the tour operator must provide an estimate of extra costs for the change of contract parties. If the transfer is not possible due to the reasons mentioned in clause
4.2 above or for other reasons, the Traveller has the right to terminate the Contract by paying the cancellation fee provided for in clause 2.2.
5. LIABILITY FOR IMPROPER EXECUTION OF THE CONTRACT
- If the Contract is not executed in accordance with reasonable expectations of Traveller, which the Traveller may have had in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Contract and the nature of the services provided, the tour operator must compensate the losses of Traveller. The tour operator or the person, who assists the tour operator, is not liable for the improper execution of the Contract, if:
- the Traveller is guilty for improper execution of the Contract (non-execution of clauses 1.3.1-1.3.2 and other reasons);
- the third party not related to this Contract is liable for the improper performance of the Contract, which the tour operator did not foresee and could not foresee;
- the Contract is executed improperly due to force majeure or due to an event, which the tour operator or the person, who assists the tour operator, did not provide for and could not foresee, taking into account all due care provided by
- If the Contract is not executed in accordance with the Traveller`s expectations, the tour operator must provide the Traveller with all the assistance and support considering the particular circumstances. If the reason for which the Contract is not properly executed is related to the Traveller, the tour operator must provide the Traveller with such assistance and support that according to the criterion of reasonableness may be required from the tour operator under the Contract. In this case, the Traveller must reimburse the costs of tour operator providing such assistance and support. If the tour operator or the person, who assists the tour operator, is responsible for the improper execution of the Contract, the tour operator shall refund all costs related to the provision of additional assistance and support to the
- If it becomes clear from the beginning or during the travel that the tour operator will not be able to fulfil the main part of the agreed services, it must offer suitable alternate services for the Traveller for the same price for the term specified in the Contract and compensate for the difference between the price previously offered to the Traveller and the actual services rendered to the Traveller. If the tour operator cannot provide alternative services for sound reasons or the Traveller has refused them for reasonable reasons, the tour operator must ensure the return of the Traveller to another place agreed by the Traveller and return money for non-provided services to the Traveller.
- The tour operator has no right to restrict or cancel its civil liability for damage, caused to a Traveller, if the damage was made due to deliberate actions or gross negligence of the tour
- The property and non-property damage caused to Traveller is compensated in accordance with the procedure established by the Civil
- Air transportation is subject to the provisions of the Convention on the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, signed in Warsaw on October 12, 1929, Amendment to the Hague Protocol of the Convention of 1955 of Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, signed in Warsaw on October 12, 1929, the Convention on the harmonization of Certain rules for the International Carriage by Air, signed in Montreal on May 28, 1999, limiting Carrier Liability and Regulation EC 889/2002 supplementing European Council Regulation EC 2027/97 on Carrier Liability in the Case of Aviation Events. This Convention establishes and, in most cases, limits the carrier`s liability in the event of a person`s death or injury, as well as the loss, damage or delay in baggage
- The tour operator shall not be liable for information provided in hotel publications, brochures, folders, promotional leaflets, etc. obtained by the traveller from other parties than tour
6. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Traveller`s rights are protected by the Civil Code, the Law on the Protection of Consumer Rights, the Law on Advertising, the Law on Tourism and other laws and substatutory legal acts, as well as the present
- In the event of a conflict or idssatisfaction during the travel due to improper execution or non-execution of the present Contract, the claims must be promptly submitted to the tour operator`s representative or the travel manager or, if they are absent, to the tour operator. The claims to to unsettled or improperly settled issues must be submitted in writing. In case of failure to resolve the dispute, claims can be submitted to the tour operator in writing within 15 working days after the end of travel; the tour operator must respond in writing to the claims within 15 working days after the day of claim receipt. Disputes are resolved by negotiation and if the parties fail to agree, they must be settled under the procedure prescribed by the laws of the Republic of
- The disputes concerning improper execution or non-execution of a Contract must be settled by the State Consumer Rights Protection Service in accordance with the procedure established by the Law on Consumer Protection of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Subsequent to the signature of this Contract, the substantive amendments to the Contract terms (the main part and the price of the agreed services) are possible only by written agreement of both
- In case of insolvency or bankruptcy of tourism service providers (tour operator, travel agency or agent), the Traveller can apply to the State Tourism Department in accordance with the rules of insurance of assurance of the fulfilment of the obligations of tourism providers approved by the Government of the Republic in respect of repayment of return costs or refund of paid
- The Contract is made in two copies - one for the tour operator and one for Traveller(s). All copies have the same legal
The signing of the Contract does not guarantee that the reservation will be confirmed to the hotel selected by the Traveller. If the reservation is not confirmed, a separate notice will inform the Traveller. If the reservation is not confirmed, the signed contract for accommodation in a particular hotel is no longer valid. A Traveller has the right to choose an alternative travel option by concluding a new Contract with the tour operator. If the Traveller refuses to conclude a new Contract, the tour operator must return the money paid by the Traveller for the Contract that has been cancelled.
The citizens of foreign countries without visa-free travel agreement with the Repubic of Lithuania who purchased a travel when the departure / return is from / to Lithuania require multiple (Schengen or national) visa valid for the period of travel (more information is provided at the website www.migracija.lt).
Th present provisions of the Tourism Service Contract are binding the tour operator and all travellers. The Traveller confirms that he/she has fully understood the Contract submitted and understood all its provisions, as well as informed other travellers - beneficiaries that the tourist trip is organised only under the conditions specified in this Contract and all travellers must comply with all terms of the Contract.
A Traveler confirms that before signing this Contract he/she has received (catalogue, program or other travel information/reference to an electronic document), which contains all travel related information: information on accommodation and means of transport, travel services, travel route, place of departure and arrival, time, places to visit, their epidemiological status, immunoprophylaxis requirements, currency exchange, procedure of the state border crossing and visa obtaining, restrictions on the entry of goods, information allowing direct contact with the child or the responsible person at the child`s place (in the case of minors travelling alone), tour operator or travel agency, his/her telephone number and other contact details; received written information on the basic conditions for the carriage of passengers and baggage by the operating air carrier (in case of trip by air); was informed about the possibility of concluding insurance contracts (medical expenses, missed travel risks, accidents and/or others) and became familiar with the rules of insurance. He/she is also informed about the tour operator`s website www.novaturas.lt, which contains travel information. The Traveller confirms that he/she considers such information to be appropriate and acceptable.